Fiesta is back with new content to be published by February 1st 2019. Please stay tuned!
Today I’m making steps to retire my blog “fiesta” and start a new brand named Beau! This has been on my mind for a long time and I’m finally making both mental and physical steps to make it happen. As I finish up my MBA studies, I’m thrilled to start something new. My gut is telling me it’s time to mold all my talents, including design, into my future and I sincerely get giddy just thinking about it. So, stay tuned for updates here as I make steps to launch Beau and thanks for following me! xoxo Moni
If we’re not laughing we are singing and smiling. We also focus on uplifting each other which is a huge blessing. Nikki, I’m blessed to call you a friend! Amigas for life 🙂 xo Moni
I’m not sure this Thanksgiving could be any more bountiful than it already has been in only 24 hours. Let me explain.
I’ve managed to spend time with some of the most important people in my life with nothing more than to eat, drink and be merry. It’s almost poetic the way everyone is so happy around me and it’s brought up a thought: what if life were like this all the time? I’m not sure I’d be a proponent of such non-stop sentimental luxury but I will say this, I like it!
This season of life has been full speed ahead with very little breaks but to breathe, bathe and bask in the sheer fact that I’m alive.
Also, despite the bustle of getting adjusted to Austin, Texas I’ve managed to do a few things. Here they are in no particular order:
- Find the most incredible housemates via Craigslist. Not kidding! Maybe it was pure luck or what I like to believe, angels watching over us, waiting to bring our persons into each other’s space so simpatico.
- Experiment with cooking. Our new home has a beautiful kitchen and possibilities seem endless every time I’m in or around it.
- Continue to work within Marketing and Social Media as a consultant for a company who’s avatar seems to dominate social spaces globally. Any ideas on which one?
- Dabble in dating and meeting the most interesting people since my first days in NYC. This point deserves a book’s worth of content but let’s just say I’m enjoying the journey to love.
- Read, read, read and read. If I’m not reading for school then I’ve found my niche via Anchor Book’s top novel list, getting lost in romance novels all over again and anything by Kevin Kwan for a little laugh.
- Take photos and be in photos. Again, something I’ve shied away from as I was always behind the camera, either producing, booking models or talent, pitching press or writing. I’m not sure why I left this artistic expression behind over the years but it’s back in full force.
- Travel by bus, car, plane and train. Yes! All four modes of transportation are my reality.
- Start my second to last round of MBA courses, embrace a new journey with Parsons – The New School as a Fashion student and looking to take on a teaching position by next fall. You might be thinking why all the schooling, Moni? I don’t have any other answer than it feels good to be learning—what friends seem to say is “You’re doing you.”
- Sleep. The beauty of sleep is something I appreciate and when I have those nights of blissful sleep, everything seems to align.
- Listen to music. I’ve become a Spotify junkie and soul music seems to be my jam. Who knew?
With the above in my pocket it’s time to look ahead and maybe plan a few new adventures. The first that comes to mind is driving on a major highway at 65 miles per hour! In truth I haven’t done this is at least 4 years. The next might be throwing on a potters wheel—another hobby I used find pleasure but haven’t experienced in a hot minute. Last might be scuba diving which would require a jaunt somewhere beachy…
So, what are you looking ahead at?
All photography by Becca Violette
Trying a few new things out with this post and look:
1. I’m publishing from my iPhone 📱 What?! That’s right. I’m finally figuring out how to work my mobile and most likely opening Pandora’s box in the process. Watch out!
2. Being a 70s child 👶🏼 means that Cher to Olivia Newton John were my fashion idols—and still are along with Whitney Houston and Selena (the Tejano legend not Gen Y star). So when I found this cutout jumper at TJMaxx for $19.99, I didn’t think twice about buying it.
3. For many years I worked in the fashion industry but behind the camera. I was everything from a stylist assistant, tailor, PR Manager, Producer and fit model. Now I’m finally ready to be a bit more forward facing and in the process, I’m learning so much about myself. All good things which is more than I could ask for.
4. Let’s not forget about the accessories in this look: Michael Kors fanny pack, Coach sunnnies and Ralph Lauren wedges. FYI: My charm bracelet is from James Avery 💕 and I’m pretty sure some of the charms are 20 years old. Yikes…
PS. I’m in search of an App to “layout” my blog posts before I post. Wondering if anyone out there is using something on their phones.
All photos by Becca Violette Photography!
The greater part of my Sunday was spent sunglasses shopping. While I’d love to buy a pair of Gucci shades or Oakley specs alas my budget is not allowing me. Thankfully my mother (yes, my actual mum) reminded me that H&M had just dropped its spring collection of sunglasses and they were from her point of view “stylish.” I’m never hesitant to take my mother’s shopping tips because she is the mother of 6 children and has always managed to look fantastic!
So, off to the mall I went and low and behold shades where dripping off mannequins as soon as you stepped into H&M. I went ahead and tried on a few pairs and of course took a selfie in each to double check that I would choose the right pair.
Can you guess which one I did pick? Write your guess in the comments and the lucky winner gets a gift from me via mail!
PS. Couldn’t help the sensor making its appearance in a few of my selfies 😂😍💕