Drum 🥁 roll please…
- Right now I’m loving my Rejuvenique oil by MONAT. It’s an essential oil I’ve been using for my face and hair over the last six months. Not only do I “swear” by it, I’m officially giving it a #monimusthave, something I don’t do often unless I 💯 believe in a product.
- I’m enjoying the transition from winter to spring and attending a lot of happy hours 🍾 Not just to have a beer or cocktail but to meet interesting people I might not meet in my neighborhood. I ventured to the Renaissance Hotel in Plano, TX yesterday and wow! It’s gorgeous and so inviting. The “R” above is just an example of its eclectic style and chic lighting. Did I mention I also met someone, too 😍
- Pastels are typically a Spring must have in my closet but I’m more into muted pastels plus prints. My top above is from Anthropologie and is a light rayon blend that feels smooth on my body. I’m trying my best to only invest in things I absolutely adore and this top for that criteria to a tee.
- I’ve decided that I will only use the words “I love you” or “I love” unless I really do. Sometimes I catch myself throwing the “Love” word around like water. Must stop now…
- Last, but not least (and not pictured), it’s Holy Week! It’s been a time of sincere reflection and rest. I’m great full to have had a few extra hours to myself contemplating my life, asking God for guidance, the universe for positive and simply being still. I strongly encourage everyone to take time for themselves, even if it’s not tied to a religious reason.
Let me know how you are doing! I want to hear your story.
If we’re not laughing we are singing and smiling. We also focus on uplifting each other which is a huge blessing. Nikki, I’m blessed to call you a friend! Amigas for life 🙂 xo Moni
I might have mentioned a few times over that I’m in love ❤️ with poetry. I’m not sure when this crush began or morphed into a such deep appreciation of words. During college I was first an Engineering student and do not remember taking any creative writing courses. So, I suppose it began on the streets of NYC, where I listened to beat-box artists on the subway or spoken word at local cafes.
My knowledge of POETS is always expanding. I lean on the New Yorker or Paris Review to introduce me to New writers. The latest one is Frederick Seidel.
There’s something about how I’m feeling today. It’s slightly different than usual and I want to explore share my thoughts with you. I’m actually writing this post from my iPhone so bear with me as I dig a little deeper…
Yesterday I had a semi-stressful day because I was dealing with a graduate 👩🏽🎓 group assignment that’s been hard to organize. It’s Thanksgiving holiday so who wants to study?! Also, a romance interest of mine went dark.
I think he disappeared into outer space.
Between balancing emotions and rational thought about either topic I didn’t want to loose myself, to not feel exactly what I needed to so I asked myself “Do you feel anything? I was surprised to discover that I really did, aside from the frustration of either scenario.
I received a friendly reminder from a friend that it’s been a month since my last post. #OUCH
Yes, it’s true. I completely let fiesta go by the wayside as I took a trip to NYC (yipee!) and indulged in being offline. Not that I don’t want to keep consistent or have fiesta be unsuccessful, it’s just…I needed a break. At first I made excuses as to why I wasn’t posting: not enough time, no wheaties, no engery, family emergencies, blah, blah, blah. But these excuses weren’t 100% truthful. When I sat down this morning and asked myself “Why, Moni?” it was simple: I didn’t’ want to. This sheer fact made me a bit sad but relieved. I’d finally owned up to myself and it felt goooood!
Take yourself by the hand and roll with it.
Giving myself the room to be real is long overdue. I’m happily one year older and wiser with a spirit that aims to live my life unapologetically. This blog, this tiny space on the internet, lives and breathes upon my will and if I’m not ready or willing to write, it’s ok.
Give yourself room to chill.
I do have some exciting news in lieu of my absence: I’ve decided to move to Austin, Texas. I’m thinking that this step forward will be nothing less than thrilling…hello live music city! Returning to my home (20 years ago) is sort of daunting. Everyone I know there is quite settled and I will be the complete opposite. So, here’s to leaning on opposites attract 😉
I felt massive Monday blues night while watching the NBA playoffs last fnals. All the feels of “Why do I have to do this thing called a ‘work week’ again…” started to creep in and give me anxiety. But then I breathed, and reminded myself that Mondays are no different than Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Why not take an optimistic perspective of kicking off the week on a high note!
Here are a few wordsmith inspos to get your mind grooving into a brand new week full of opportunity and I hope, coffee ☕️
Enjoy. xo Moni
Woke up this morning and made a few inspiration images and self encouragement pics via Canva for me to stare at all day long and then I thought to myself, “Why don’t I share this via fiesta?!” Sometimes I forget that the purpose of my blog is open and real about anything. So, maybe you’ll relate to my dry shampoo secret not-so-much secret or my mental “I’ve got this!” motto that I repeat to myself at least 8 times a day. These routines of mine bring me comfort in knowing that all it takes is just a little self love to get me through the day, especially Fridays.
So in love with pastels not just because it’s spring but because they’re borderline intoxicating.
Images found via Pinterest and Google.
I first met Samantha Hahn while working for DailyCandy.com, one of the first women’s fashion e-newsletters to take our now old school inboxes by storm. Fast forward 7 years and I’m still in awe of her work illustrations which range from fashion to beauty, everyday and recently, motherhood. The realness of her eye via watercolor is unreal and all together swoon worthy. You can’t help but feel giddy while waiting to see her runway illos pop up during any fashion week hashtags or social media feeds because you know she will set the record straight about what is authentic. I sometimes wonder what she is thinking when she’s pressed to capture silhouettes of fast moving models. Not that skirt, too puffy. Yes, that pant is lit! A few of my favorites from her recent fashion show works are above and if I had to choose just one, I’d have the Suno shoe blown up wall size to pin right next to my closet. PS. Take a peek at her website below and you will find a world full of inspiration and beauty. Promise.
All illustrations found at http://samanthahahn.com/