This season of life has been full speed ahead with very little breaks but to breathe, bathe and bask in the sheer fact that I’m alive.
Also, despite the bustle of getting adjusted to Austin, Texas I’ve managed to do a few things. Here they are in no particular order:
- Find the most incredible housemates via Craigslist. Not kidding! Maybe it was pure luck or what I like to believe, angels watching over us, waiting to bring our persons into each other’s space so simpatico.
- Experiment with cooking. Our new home has a beautiful kitchen and possibilities seem endless every time I’m in or around it.
- Continue to work within Marketing and Social Media as a consultant for a company who’s avatar seems to dominate social spaces globally. Any ideas on which one?
- Dabble in dating and meeting the most interesting people since my first days in NYC. This point deserves a book’s worth of content but let’s just say I’m enjoying the journey to love.
- Read, read, read and read. If I’m not reading for school then I’ve found my niche via Anchor Book’s top novel list, getting lost in romance novels all over again and anything by Kevin Kwan for a little laugh.
- Take photos and be in photos. Again, something I’ve shied away from as I was always behind the camera, either producing, booking models or talent, pitching press or writing. I’m not sure why I left this artistic expression behind over the years but it’s back in full force.
- Travel by bus, car, plane and train. Yes! All four modes of transportation are my reality.
- Start my second to last round of MBA courses, embrace a new journey with Parsons – The New School as a Fashion student and looking to take on a teaching position by next fall. You might be thinking why all the schooling, Moni? I don’t have any other answer than it feels good to be learning—what friends seem to say is “You’re doing you.”
- Sleep. The beauty of sleep is something I appreciate and when I have those nights of blissful sleep, everything seems to align.
- Listen to music. I’ve become a Spotify junkie and soul music seems to be my jam. Who knew?
With the above in my pocket it’s time to look ahead and maybe plan a few new adventures. The first that comes to mind is driving on a major highway at 65 miles per hour! In truth I haven’t done this is at least 4 years. The next might be throwing on a potters wheel—another hobby I used find pleasure but haven’t experienced in a hot minute. Last might be scuba diving which would require a jaunt somewhere beachy…
So, what are you looking ahead at?
All photography by Becca Violette