Drum 🥁 roll please…
- Right now I’m loving my Rejuvenique oil by MONAT. It’s an essential oil I’ve been using for my face and hair over the last six months. Not only do I “swear” by it, I’m officially giving it a #monimusthave, something I don’t do often unless I 💯 believe in a product.
- I’m enjoying the transition from winter to spring and attending a lot of happy hours 🍾 Not just to have a beer or cocktail but to meet interesting people I might not meet in my neighborhood. I ventured to the Renaissance Hotel in Plano, TX yesterday and wow! It’s gorgeous and so inviting. The “R” above is just an example of its eclectic style and chic lighting. Did I mention I also met someone, too 😍
- Pastels are typically a Spring must have in my closet but I’m more into muted pastels plus prints. My top above is from Anthropologie and is a light rayon blend that feels smooth on my body. I’m trying my best to only invest in things I absolutely adore and this top for that criteria to a tee.
- I’ve decided that I will only use the words “I love you” or “I love” unless I really do. Sometimes I catch myself throwing the “Love” word around like water. Must stop now…
- Last, but not least (and not pictured), it’s Holy Week! It’s been a time of sincere reflection and rest. I’m great full to have had a few extra hours to myself contemplating my life, asking God for guidance, the universe for positive and simply being still. I strongly encourage everyone to take time for themselves, even if it’s not tied to a religious reason.
Let me know how you are doing! I want to hear your story.
If we’re not laughing we are singing and smiling. We also focus on uplifting each other which is a huge blessing. Nikki, I’m blessed to call you a friend! Amigas for life 🙂 xo Moni
There’s something about how I’m feeling today. It’s slightly different than usual and I want to explore share my thoughts with you. I’m actually writing this post from my iPhone so bear with me as I dig a little deeper…
Yesterday I had a semi-stressful day because I was dealing with a graduate 👩🏽🎓 group assignment that’s been hard to organize. It’s Thanksgiving holiday so who wants to study?! Also, a romance interest of mine went dark.
I think he disappeared into outer space.
Between balancing emotions and rational thought about either topic I didn’t want to loose myself, to not feel exactly what I needed to so I asked myself “Do you feel anything? I was surprised to discover that I really did, aside from the frustration of either scenario.
The greater part of my Sunday was spent sunglasses shopping. While I’d love to buy a pair of Gucci shades or Oakley specs alas my budget is not allowing me. Thankfully my mother (yes, my actual mum) reminded me that H&M had just dropped its spring collection of sunglasses and they were from her point of view “stylish.” I’m never hesitant to take my mother’s shopping tips because she is the mother of 6 children and has always managed to look fantastic!
So, off to the mall I went and low and behold shades where dripping off mannequins as soon as you stepped into H&M. I went ahead and tried on a few pairs and of course took a selfie in each to double check that I would choose the right pair.
Can you guess which one I did pick? Write your guess in the comments and the lucky winner gets a gift from me via mail!
PS. Couldn’t help the sensor making its appearance in a few of my selfies 😂😍💕
If it wasn’t for my #BFF I don’t know where I’d be today let alone in the next few years. With this on my mind and in thinking about the perfect gift for her I’ve scoured the interwebs to find some inspiration ideas for a friendship bracelet I intend to make. Initially, I didn’t expect to find anything too fabulous but I was dead wrong. Flare Magazine’s “ALANA ZIMMER BY MAX ABADIAN FOR FLARE JUNE 2010” was a fashion lovers dream to discover on Earth Day 2017 and it led me to other sweet discoveries via Etsy. Lets’ just say all the images above now have me wondering if Friendship Bracelet style is forever like my #BFF? I think so!
Woke up this morning and made a few inspiration images and self encouragement pics via Canva for me to stare at all day long and then I thought to myself, “Why don’t I share this via fiesta?!” Sometimes I forget that the purpose of my blog is open and real about anything. So, maybe you’ll relate to my dry shampoo secret not-so-much secret or my mental “I’ve got this!” motto that I repeat to myself at least 8 times a day. These routines of mine bring me comfort in knowing that all it takes is just a little self love to get me through the day, especially Fridays.
I first met Samantha Hahn while working for DailyCandy.com, one of the first women’s fashion e-newsletters to take our now old school inboxes by storm. Fast forward 7 years and I’m still in awe of her work illustrations which range from fashion to beauty, everyday and recently, motherhood. The realness of her eye via watercolor is unreal and all together swoon worthy. You can’t help but feel giddy while waiting to see her runway illos pop up during any fashion week hashtags or social media feeds because you know she will set the record straight about what is authentic. I sometimes wonder what she is thinking when she’s pressed to capture silhouettes of fast moving models. Not that skirt, too puffy. Yes, that pant is lit! A few of my favorites from her recent fashion show works are above and if I had to choose just one, I’d have the Suno shoe blown up wall size to pin right next to my closet. PS. Take a peek at her website below and you will find a world full of inspiration and beauty. Promise.
All illustrations found at http://samanthahahn.com/
Fresh flowers are the perfect fashion statement.