Drum 🥁 roll please…
- Right now I’m loving my Rejuvenique oil by MONAT. It’s an essential oil I’ve been using for my face and hair over the last six months. Not only do I “swear” by it, I’m officially giving it a #monimusthave, something I don’t do often unless I 💯 believe in a product.
- I’m enjoying the transition from winter to spring and attending a lot of happy hours 🍾 Not just to have a beer or cocktail but to meet interesting people I might not meet in my neighborhood. I ventured to the Renaissance Hotel in Plano, TX yesterday and wow! It’s gorgeous and so inviting. The “R” above is just an example of its eclectic style and chic lighting. Did I mention I also met someone, too 😍
- Pastels are typically a Spring must have in my closet but I’m more into muted pastels plus prints. My top above is from Anthropologie and is a light rayon blend that feels smooth on my body. I’m trying my best to only invest in things I absolutely adore and this top for that criteria to a tee.
- I’ve decided that I will only use the words “I love you” or “I love” unless I really do. Sometimes I catch myself throwing the “Love” word around like water. Must stop now…
- Last, but not least (and not pictured), it’s Holy Week! It’s been a time of sincere reflection and rest. I’m great full to have had a few extra hours to myself contemplating my life, asking God for guidance, the universe for positive and simply being still. I strongly encourage everyone to take time for themselves, even if it’s not tied to a religious reason.
Let me know how you are doing! I want to hear your story.
If we’re not laughing we are singing and smiling. We also focus on uplifting each other which is a huge blessing. Nikki, I’m blessed to call you a friend! Amigas for life 🙂 xo Moni
I’m not sure this Thanksgiving could be any more bountiful than it already has been in only 24 hours. Let me explain.
I’ve managed to spend time with some of the most important people in my life with nothing more than to eat, drink and be merry. It’s almost poetic the way everyone is so happy around me and it’s brought up a thought: what if life were like this all the time? I’m not sure I’d be a proponent of such non-stop sentimental luxury but I will say this, I like it!
This season of life has been full speed ahead with very little breaks but to breathe, bathe and bask in the sheer fact that I’m alive.
Also, despite the bustle of getting adjusted to Austin, Texas I’ve managed to do a few things. Here they are in no particular order:
- Find the most incredible housemates via Craigslist. Not kidding! Maybe it was pure luck or what I like to believe, angels watching over us, waiting to bring our persons into each other’s space so simpatico.
- Experiment with cooking. Our new home has a beautiful kitchen and possibilities seem endless every time I’m in or around it.
- Continue to work within Marketing and Social Media as a consultant for a company who’s avatar seems to dominate social spaces globally. Any ideas on which one?
- Dabble in dating and meeting the most interesting people since my first days in NYC. This point deserves a book’s worth of content but let’s just say I’m enjoying the journey to love.
- Read, read, read and read. If I’m not reading for school then I’ve found my niche via Anchor Book’s top novel list, getting lost in romance novels all over again and anything by Kevin Kwan for a little laugh.
- Take photos and be in photos. Again, something I’ve shied away from as I was always behind the camera, either producing, booking models or talent, pitching press or writing. I’m not sure why I left this artistic expression behind over the years but it’s back in full force.
- Travel by bus, car, plane and train. Yes! All four modes of transportation are my reality.
- Start my second to last round of MBA courses, embrace a new journey with Parsons – The New School as a Fashion student and looking to take on a teaching position by next fall. You might be thinking why all the schooling, Moni? I don’t have any other answer than it feels good to be learning—what friends seem to say is “You’re doing you.”
- Sleep. The beauty of sleep is something I appreciate and when I have those nights of blissful sleep, everything seems to align.
- Listen to music. I’ve become a Spotify junkie and soul music seems to be my jam. Who knew?
With the above in my pocket it’s time to look ahead and maybe plan a few new adventures. The first that comes to mind is driving on a major highway at 65 miles per hour! In truth I haven’t done this is at least 4 years. The next might be throwing on a potters wheel—another hobby I used find pleasure but haven’t experienced in a hot minute. Last might be scuba diving which would require a jaunt somewhere beachy…
So, what are you looking ahead at?
All photography by Becca Violette
I felt massive Monday blues night while watching the NBA playoffs last fnals. All the feels of “Why do I have to do this thing called a ‘work week’ again…” started to creep in and give me anxiety. But then I breathed, and reminded myself that Mondays are no different than Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Why not take an optimistic perspective of kicking off the week on a high note!
Here are a few wordsmith inspos to get your mind grooving into a brand new week full of opportunity and I hope, coffee ☕️
Enjoy. xo Moni
The greater part of my Sunday was spent sunglasses shopping. While I’d love to buy a pair of Gucci shades or Oakley specs alas my budget is not allowing me. Thankfully my mother (yes, my actual mum) reminded me that H&M had just dropped its spring collection of sunglasses and they were from her point of view “stylish.” I’m never hesitant to take my mother’s shopping tips because she is the mother of 6 children and has always managed to look fantastic!
So, off to the mall I went and low and behold shades where dripping off mannequins as soon as you stepped into H&M. I went ahead and tried on a few pairs and of course took a selfie in each to double check that I would choose the right pair.
Can you guess which one I did pick? Write your guess in the comments and the lucky winner gets a gift from me via mail!
PS. Couldn’t help the sensor making its appearance in a few of my selfies 😂😍💕