Drum 🥁 roll please…
- Right now I’m loving my Rejuvenique oil by MONAT. It’s an essential oil I’ve been using for my face and hair over the last six months. Not only do I “swear” by it, I’m officially giving it a #monimusthave, something I don’t do often unless I 💯 believe in a product.
- I’m enjoying the transition from winter to spring and attending a lot of happy hours 🍾 Not just to have a beer or cocktail but to meet interesting people I might not meet in my neighborhood. I ventured to the Renaissance Hotel in Plano, TX yesterday and wow! It’s gorgeous and so inviting. The “R” above is just an example of its eclectic style and chic lighting. Did I mention I also met someone, too 😍
- Pastels are typically a Spring must have in my closet but I’m more into muted pastels plus prints. My top above is from Anthropologie and is a light rayon blend that feels smooth on my body. I’m trying my best to only invest in things I absolutely adore and this top for that criteria to a tee.
- I’ve decided that I will only use the words “I love you” or “I love” unless I really do. Sometimes I catch myself throwing the “Love” word around like water. Must stop now…
- Last, but not least (and not pictured), it’s Holy Week! It’s been a time of sincere reflection and rest. I’m great full to have had a few extra hours to myself contemplating my life, asking God for guidance, the universe for positive and simply being still. I strongly encourage everyone to take time for themselves, even if it’s not tied to a religious reason.
Let me know how you are doing! I want to hear your story.
I might have mentioned a few times over that I’m in love ❤️ with poetry. I’m not sure when this crush began or morphed into a such deep appreciation of words. During college I was first an Engineering student and do not remember taking any creative writing courses. So, I suppose it began on the streets of NYC, where I listened to beat-box artists on the subway or spoken word at local cafes.
My knowledge of POETS is always expanding. I lean on the New Yorker or Paris Review to introduce me to New writers. The latest one is Frederick Seidel.
I felt massive Monday blues night while watching the NBA playoffs last fnals. All the feels of “Why do I have to do this thing called a ‘work week’ again…” started to creep in and give me anxiety. But then I breathed, and reminded myself that Mondays are no different than Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Why not take an optimistic perspective of kicking off the week on a high note!
Here are a few wordsmith inspos to get your mind grooving into a brand new week full of opportunity and I hope, coffee ☕️
Enjoy. xo Moni
Trying a few new things out with this post and look:
1. I’m publishing from my iPhone 📱 What?! That’s right. I’m finally figuring out how to work my mobile and most likely opening Pandora’s box in the process. Watch out!
2. Being a 70s child 👶🏼 means that Cher to Olivia Newton John were my fashion idols—and still are along with Whitney Houston and Selena (the Tejano legend not Gen Y star). So when I found this cutout jumper at TJMaxx for $19.99, I didn’t think twice about buying it.
3. For many years I worked in the fashion industry but behind the camera. I was everything from a stylist assistant, tailor, PR Manager, Producer and fit model. Now I’m finally ready to be a bit more forward facing and in the process, I’m learning so much about myself. All good things which is more than I could ask for.
4. Let’s not forget about the accessories in this look: Michael Kors fanny pack, Coach sunnnies and Ralph Lauren wedges. FYI: My charm bracelet is from James Avery 💕 and I’m pretty sure some of the charms are 20 years old. Yikes…
PS. I’m in search of an App to “layout” my blog posts before I post. Wondering if anyone out there is using something on their phones.
All photos by Becca Violette Photography!
The greater part of my Sunday was spent sunglasses shopping. While I’d love to buy a pair of Gucci shades or Oakley specs alas my budget is not allowing me. Thankfully my mother (yes, my actual mum) reminded me that H&M had just dropped its spring collection of sunglasses and they were from her point of view “stylish.” I’m never hesitant to take my mother’s shopping tips because she is the mother of 6 children and has always managed to look fantastic!
So, off to the mall I went and low and behold shades where dripping off mannequins as soon as you stepped into H&M. I went ahead and tried on a few pairs and of course took a selfie in each to double check that I would choose the right pair.
Can you guess which one I did pick? Write your guess in the comments and the lucky winner gets a gift from me via mail!
PS. Couldn’t help the sensor making its appearance in a few of my selfies 😂😍💕
If it wasn’t for my #BFF I don’t know where I’d be today let alone in the next few years. With this on my mind and in thinking about the perfect gift for her I’ve scoured the interwebs to find some inspiration ideas for a friendship bracelet I intend to make. Initially, I didn’t expect to find anything too fabulous but I was dead wrong. Flare Magazine’s “ALANA ZIMMER BY MAX ABADIAN FOR FLARE JUNE 2010” was a fashion lovers dream to discover on Earth Day 2017 and it led me to other sweet discoveries via Etsy. Lets’ just say all the images above now have me wondering if Friendship Bracelet style is forever like my #BFF? I think so!