Drum 🥁 roll please…
- Right now I’m loving my Rejuvenique oil by MONAT. It’s an essential oil I’ve been using for my face and hair over the last six months. Not only do I “swear” by it, I’m officially giving it a #monimusthave, something I don’t do often unless I 💯 believe in a product.
- I’m enjoying the transition from winter to spring and attending a lot of happy hours 🍾 Not just to have a beer or cocktail but to meet interesting people I might not meet in my neighborhood. I ventured to the Renaissance Hotel in Plano, TX yesterday and wow! It’s gorgeous and so inviting. The “R” above is just an example of its eclectic style and chic lighting. Did I mention I also met someone, too 😍
- Pastels are typically a Spring must have in my closet but I’m more into muted pastels plus prints. My top above is from Anthropologie and is a light rayon blend that feels smooth on my body. I’m trying my best to only invest in things I absolutely adore and this top for that criteria to a tee.
- I’ve decided that I will only use the words “I love you” or “I love” unless I really do. Sometimes I catch myself throwing the “Love” word around like water. Must stop now…
- Last, but not least (and not pictured), it’s Holy Week! It’s been a time of sincere reflection and rest. I’m great full to have had a few extra hours to myself contemplating my life, asking God for guidance, the universe for positive and simply being still. I strongly encourage everyone to take time for themselves, even if it’s not tied to a religious reason.
Let me know how you are doing! I want to hear your story.
I might have mentioned a few times over that I’m in love ❤️ with poetry. I’m not sure when this crush began or morphed into a such deep appreciation of words. During college I was first an Engineering student and do not remember taking any creative writing courses. So, I suppose it began on the streets of NYC, where I listened to beat-box artists on the subway or spoken word at local cafes.
My knowledge of POETS is always expanding. I lean on the New Yorker or Paris Review to introduce me to New writers. The latest one is Frederick Seidel.
One thing that my current MBA program has taught me is that reading and writing are the tools to success. It sounds so simplistic and a little plane but it’s the truth.
Think about it, if we didn’t read then we would not be privy to excitement via text messages or subtitled French Noir films. And if we did not write, then we wouldn’t have the ability to express emotion on paper. Sure, we’d be able to explore or share our voice and physical movements but the ability to write is absolutely freeing.
I felt massive Monday blues night while watching the NBA playoffs last fnals. All the feels of “Why do I have to do this thing called a ‘work week’ again…” started to creep in and give me anxiety. But then I breathed, and reminded myself that Mondays are no different than Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Why not take an optimistic perspective of kicking off the week on a high note!
Here are a few wordsmith inspos to get your mind grooving into a brand new week full of opportunity and I hope, coffee ☕️
Enjoy. xo Moni
Woke up this morning and made a few inspiration images and self encouragement pics via Canva for me to stare at all day long and then I thought to myself, “Why don’t I share this via fiesta?!” Sometimes I forget that the purpose of my blog is open and real about anything. So, maybe you’ll relate to my dry shampoo secret not-so-much secret or my mental “I’ve got this!” motto that I repeat to myself at least 8 times a day. These routines of mine bring me comfort in knowing that all it takes is just a little self love to get me through the day, especially Fridays.